"Humanity is slowly shutting down" - Jesse Hasek, 10 Years

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Eight Books, Three Ideas, and One Big Conundrum

Ever had one of those days where you feel like you're just beating your head against the wall?

Well, that has been my state of mind since last summer. I've really overdone it this time, and I've picked a total of eight books to read for this project, one of which is easily over a thousand pages long.


I've also been trying to decide which of my novel ideas to focus on, but I have not been able to choose. Perhaps I'll leave the choice up to anybody who decides to read this. Here, I'll give you a basic log line for each of them.

1: The City of Gears - Grieving her brother's suicide, a young woman manifests suppressed psychic abilities, and unearths a deadly secret behind her brother's death and the gears of the city itself. . . (Near-future, Science Fiction, etc.)

2: Seven Swords Saga - A young orphan boy stumbles upon an ancient legacy and finds himself in the middle of a vicious war to claim the legendary power of the Seven Swords of Cordaire. (High Fantasy, Adventure, etc.)

3: Into the Dark - Haunted by nightmares of his father's murder, a young man tries to put an end to his visions by tracking down a dangerous serial killer who he believes holds answers to his dark past. (Modern Psychological, Mystery, etc.)

One of these days, I'm actually going to finish one of these ideas. Which one do you think I should work on? Which intrigues you the most? Which one do you find boring? What could I do to make the story less boring? Thanks in advance.

And that's all I have for tonight. And with that, I bid you all farewell, and good night.

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, if I were to help you, I'd be unable to choose which one to focus on. They all seem to be great books, so why not read them all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I was asking which one of my story ideas I should work on, not which books I should read. ^_^

    ReplyDelete