"Humanity is slowly shutting down" - Jesse Hasek, 10 Years

Thursday, February 9, 2012

30 Days of World-Building - Day 1 - Climate & Variety

Call me a volatile personality, but I've decided to go back to writing one of my original fantasy ideas. I've also decided to try a 30 day world-building exercise that I found while perusing the internet. Figured it might help me embellish some old ideas, and establish some new ones. So, without further ado, welcome to . . . the 30 Days of World-Building.

Exercise 1 - Find an international map or atlas, and observe the different climates and how they appear and behave. Then, for fifteen minutes, list all the climates you can think of. After that, write one or two words describing either the climate itself, or how each of the climates makes you feel.

List - 
Tropical Forest - adventurous, excited  
Evergreen Forest - calm, peaceful
Deciduous Forest - intrigued, fascinated
Desert - desperate, worried
Tundra (Sub-arctic) - shivering, strong
Mountains - hardy, long-lasting
Plains - hard-working, tough
Highlands - rugged, worn
Arctic - cold, inhospitable

No comments:

Post a Comment