"Humanity is slowly shutting down" - Jesse Hasek, 10 Years

Saturday, February 18, 2012

30 Days of World-Building - Day 10 - Mood & Culture

Exercise 10 - Settle on the overall mood for your story if you haven't already. Look through your timeline, political groups, and language notes and mark for revision anything that doesn't fit your mood. If you have time, revise those things. Otherwise, leave them for later.

Honestly, there isn't much to say for today. I've gone over the events in my timeline, and it definitely involves enough intrigue to satiate my needs. The political groups also have enough tension between each other, which will not only heighten the character's sense of the world, but envelop the reader in the story more. Lastly, the languages themselves reflect the tension gripping the continent, which lends to the intriguing and fascinating image of the continent itself.

(P.S. Sorry I was late with this post, I celebrated a late Valentine's day on Friday, so I wasn't able to get a post up in time that night. My apologies!)

No comments:

Post a Comment