"Humanity is slowly shutting down" - Jesse Hasek, 10 Years

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Epiphany! (and a few new books)


A little bit of inspiration struck me a couple of days ago. I've always loved fantasy writing, in all of it's forms (science fiction included). But, yet, I have spent the least of my time writing what I like.

Call me stupid, I don't care. Call me a blind bat in the cave of literature.

But I am going to finally write what I like. Set aside the psychological stories for now, hide away the deep, provocative social commentary, and present a story that is their for one reason, and one reason only: to tell a story.

On a side note, I found a few new books that should help me along with this new idea. Their respective pictures are placed around this post. You see that book Magyk up there? My mom suggested it, actually. A very simple, yet lovable, fantasy tale about a young boy who becomes a wizard. Seems reminiscent of Harry Potter? It is anything but, from what I've been told. I'll have to read to find out.

Oh, and the other book, to the right over there? A book I actually tried reading a while back, but got bogged down by the sheer amount of detail that went into writing it. From what I read up, the author spent over ten years writing and developing his world. I may be a fantasy author, but I'm not that dedicated--yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment