"Humanity is slowly shutting down" - Jesse Hasek, 10 Years

Friday, October 14, 2011

Quarterly: This Week in Reading #8

Spectyr by Philippa Ballantine
Homeland by R.A. Salvatore

This Week: 175 pages
Last Week: 164 pages
Total: 1,496 pages

To be completely honest, I have been reading a lot more often since I started this experiment. I'll often find myself reading while in the car, waiting for my parents to finish up various errands (in between jamming to Rise Against and Sixx A.M.). However, this experiment has also helped me realize something--you can't make somebody read if that is just not what they want to do. After all, you read the most when you actually want to read in the first place. Would you be able to focus on reading if you had ten other things you were more worried about at the time? Would you be able to focus on reading if your favorite television show was on? This project was about making time to read, but to be honest, it's taught me something different--don't make time to read, let time make you read. If you feel the urge to sit down, and ensconce yourself under your covers for hours on end, devouring an entire book series, then do it. Don't try to force it. You'll only choke yourself on your own boundaries you set for yourself.

Man, I need to tone down the philosophy in this blog. Might turn away what few viewers I have. But yeah, overall, I plan to keep on reading the Dark Elf Trilogy (Homeland, Exile, and Sojurn) and eventually finish the Geist series (when book three, Wrayth, finally comes out). 

Oh! One last note. . . Check out this awesome picture I found! WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment