"Humanity is slowly shutting down" - Jesse Hasek, 10 Years

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Philosophy and the Questions not Asked. . .

I've come to term with the facts. I can try to hide it all I want, but in the end, I will fail. No matter how hard I try to deny that I am different from my father in every way possible. . .

I will always love philosophy, just like he does.

Most people see philosophy as confusing, and as such, don't want anything to do with it. They don't hate it, but they don't like it either. They are, more or less, neutral. Some people, though, view philosophy as unnecessary and the trivial questions that philosophers ask serve no real purpose in advancing society or the economy.

Those kind of people are as deceived as the people that are plugged into the Matrix itself, blind to the fact that "the world has been pulled over their eyes."

If we don't ask questions, even about the most trivial matters, we really don't know anything at all. Remember the age-old phrase, "No question is a stupid question." And if we don't question the very things that our world is based on, such as belief of free will, reality vs. dreams, degrees of perception, etc., how will we come to grow intellectually and spiritually?

For me, philosophy is more than just a plethora of questions being asked for no other reason than to be asked. Philosophy is a way of growing in your understanding of the very things that we take for granted in this world of ours, the very things that we never even take the time to acknowledge. Like the technology that made this very blog possible. All those zeros and ones, working hard to translate keystrokes to letters and numbers on a screen. . .

Seems like a matrix to me. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment