"Humanity is slowly shutting down" - Jesse Hasek, 10 Years

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Stuck

I've been stuck lately. Stuck in a bad rut of writer's block. For as long as I can remember, I have not been able to write a single page of a story worthy of the title "rough draft". Whatever I manage to pound out, I mull over it again and again until I have memorized it inside and out, then I end up deleting it a couple hours later.

Why am I stuck? What did I do to deserve this? Did I do something wrong, and I was decidedly punished by Fate? Or am I just stuck in this deep crevasse with nothing but an old rope to help me claw my way out of this?

Whatever it is, I honestly hope I'll be free of it soon. I watch as friends of mine finish their own stories, and I look at my own blank pages and wonder, "Is all this struggling even worth it?" I like to think yes, but until I can break out of my rut, I just don't know what I will do.

Until the moment of revelation, I'll keep trying to write. I may not be the most dedicated man on the planet. I may not be the most determined person on Earth, but I swear I will get out one day. And when that day comes. . . Oh, what a glorious day it shall be.

No comments:

Post a Comment