"Humanity is slowly shutting down" - Jesse Hasek, 10 Years

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Voices of the Minorities

So let's just get right to the point, shall we?

Found some pretty awesome poets, and figured I'd share a few of my favorites with you. . .

"Dust" by Dorianne Lux

"Wild Geese" by Mary Oliver

"The Word" by Tony Hoagland

Personally, I gravitate towards poetry that has an expressionistic tone, the kind of poetry that leaves you thinking long after you have read it. Isn't that the point of all poetry, to make you think? I really liked these three poems for those precise reasons. "Dust" essentially sums up that little feeling that any artists gets when they feel inspiration, and that hits me right at home, since I'm aspiring to be an author, and just like the person in the poem, I often fail to see said inspiration. I would try to analyze this little thought more, but now is not the time to go all philosophical. There will be plenty of room for that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment